The Volunteers in Medicine Clinic may provide health care at no charge to you. To be eligible, you must be an adult who is a permanent resident of Martin County, has lived in Martin County continuously for the past six (6) months, and be within a certain income bracket. You may qualify if you do not have any health insurance, Medicaid or Medicare and do not qualify for Veterans benefits.
If you have Medicare, please call the Physician Referral Number for Martin Health System at 221-2088.
If you have Medicaid, or are pregnant, please call the Martin County Health Department at 221-4030.
*Please contact us if you have “Share of Cost”
To find out if you can use VIM Clinic, please do the following:
Collect the information listed below and call 463-4128 to schedule an eligibility screening appointment. If you qualify, you will be given an appointment with a health care practitioner.
Please bring all of the following information to each eligibility appointment.
For all adult members of family wanting care:
1. Photo ID with current residence. Driver’s License or State ID or Alien Registration Card
- If PO Box is address, then proof of actual residence provided by the post office
2. Social Security Card
- If you do not have your Social Security Card, call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213. The office is at 6810 S US 1, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952; 8:30am–3:30pm M-F
3. Proof of Residence (must have current address)
- Current Electric or Telephone Bill
4. Proof of All Income
- Must bring proof of income for both spouses.
- If divorced, bring copy of divorce and settlement papers
- 4-8 pay stubs or letter from employer stating your current wages on their letterhead, if not receive check
- Letters from friends, relatives, agencies who provide you with money/ food/clothing/shelter: Letter must be signed, dated with $ amount of support per week or month and be notarized.
- We have a sample letter available
- Food Stamp / Social Security / Alimony / Child Support verification
- Bank Statements – most recent three months
- Retirement account statements – current
- Unemployment / Workers’ Compensation / Disability verification
- Official copy of last year’s tax return or Letter of Non-Filing
- Self-prepared tax forms or use of tax software such as Turbo Tax copies, etc. are not official copies.
- Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript/
- Call 1-800-908-9946. You Will receive one in 10-14 days.
- Complete IRS Form 4506-T to request information & mail to IRS, Atlanta, GA 39901-0002. Allow 10 days to receive it by mail.
To avoid delays in obtaining medical treatment, it is important that you bring all of the required documents to this appointment. If you do not bring the required documents, eligibility will not be determined. If in doubt, please call the Clinic and ask to speak to one of the screeners prior to your scheduled screening appointment. Once eligibility is determined, an appointment will be made with a provider. Eligibility to remain a patient is determined annually and current information is required for this appointment.
417 S.E. Balboa Avenue
Stuart, FL 34994
Phone: (772) 463-4128
Fax: (772) 463-4129
M-F: 8am - 4:30pm