- Welcome, sign in, assist and direct patients as needed.
- Inform the medical staff that a patient has arrived.
- Answer patients’ questions. Help patients complete forms.
- Volunteers must be comfortable with a multiple-line phone system and have some light computer skills.
- Take incoming calls.
- Answer questions.
- Direct calls to the appropriate extensions.Take messages.
- Welcome patients and make them feel comfortable.
- Interview patients in a compassionate and professional manner to determine their eligibility for services.
- Update/correct any information on the application forms.
- Make copies of patient documents.
- Provide information about other resources if patients are not eligible for VIM Clinic services.
- Accurately enter all patient information.
- Scan records into computer system.
- Separate file information into appropriate categories.
- Organize documents, charts and files.Keep patient confidentiality at all times.
- Remove old paper files from chart folders.
Fundraising, Event Planning/Management
Creative, energetic, well-organized and civic-minded people are needed to help us with our annual Gala and other community events! We need volunteers who can:
- Take responsibility for a fund-raising event from setup to finish.
- Contact potential donors for prizes, giveaways or sponsorships.
- Send letters of request and thank-you cards.
- Distribute posters and informational pamphlets throughout the community.
- Brainstorm creative ideas to generate excitement, support and excellent community relations.
VIM actively recruits health care providers in the community to help care for the uninsured. We have over 63 medical volunteers and enjoy excellent relationships with a growing number of practices that take our patient referrals for a variety of services. These community partners play a vital role in keeping VIM patients healthy and productive. The need continues to grow, however, and there are waiting lists for many patient services.
Without the generous support of all our community partners, the VIM Clinic would not be able to fulfill its mission and provide quality health care to over a thousand uninsured families living and working in Martin County.